Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A little bit of everything

A friend of ours came over yesterday evening to watch the Olympics so, that was my excuse for not running yesterday. That and I was freakin' sore! Man my legs were so sore...It hurt to lower myself onto the couch and getting back up was just as bad (kinda funny really). Today I'm doing good though. I will be jogging again today, come rain or shine. I say that because it's raining right now and there is a good chance it will be doing it this evening...I will run either way!

My parents are coming to visit in like 9 days. I am so excited... We are going to the Memphis zoo and Mud Island. They will really like the island and I can't wait to go back there...

The hedgehog is doing well but, he has figured out why I have been getting him out and holding him the way I do. He balls up really tight and won't come out. I have had to trick him a little so I can see his mouth. Once I get the syringe in his mouth it's all over...I push the plunger and in goes the antibiotic. This morning was a little different. Somehow, when I shot the drugs in his mouth, they shot back out onto my hand. So, I had to dose him again. Later on, I licked my hand because I had plum juice on it...I still had those drugs on it too. I now understand why he hates the procedure so much...That stuff is SO nasty tasting. Only 2 and a half more days of the nasty stuff...We are both looking forward to Saturday.

My turtle sperm storage turtles are beginning to reveal their lengths...kinda. I am also having to do MORE sectioning which sucks...but I guess that's science.

Fun Fact for the Day: If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

No comments: