Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1 down, 1 to go...

We had 4 corn snakes, we now have 3. Lauren took 1 of the 2 females for her classroom...woohoo! The snakes began mating this year, unfortunately, they are mating with their half brothers. We had to get rid of them. We have one left if anyone is interested!!!

We also have 2 ball pythons who are about to get the boot. It's not that we don't want them, we don't really have time for them and we fell bad that they just sit in the aquarium all the time...

The hedgehog is not going to be given away, no way, no how. He is doing much better, too. His face isn't really swollen but, he does have a pretty bad sore spot where one of the abscesses collapsed and is now healing. He is still taking his antibiotics and getting better at every day. The other day the vet's office called just to ask how he was doing!!! This is a different vet than we usually go to because our usual vet is in Oklahoma. I was shocked. When they called I thought they were going to say the check bounced or something but, no, just wanted to know how the little guy was doing...I was impressed. Jonesboro Family Pet Hospital comes highly recommended!!!

I was in the lab all day, again. It wasn't too bad though. I just put the iPod in my ears and sectioned away. Tomorrow I will be staining the 24 slides that I made today. What fun!?!?

More news from the lab...My advisor is going to lunch with the whole lab Friday!!! This is big...HUGE! He is very busy this time of year and he is going to eat with us. We are going to be a cohesive unit of master's students. By the way Jonathan and Josh, you MUST be nice to the Doc...he told me to tell you guys that. So "be nice!!!"

Until I stain the slides...I'm out.

No comments: