Friday, August 15, 2008

And I'm proud to be an American...

Watching the athletes winning the gold, silver or bronze always makes me a little patriotic!

We have been religiously watching the Olympic games in Beijing for the last week. It has been fantastic!!! My favorite events are diving and gymnastics (men and women). The women rocked out last night in gymnastics...too bad it wasn't the team meet. Either way...Good job Team USA...

Back to real life...Tomorrow we get to take Hugo to the vet for a checkup. His abscesses are healing well. He is taking the meds a lot easier, but he is still grumpy when he gets woke up, for whatever reason.

I got more sectioning done in the lab today. I only have 4 blocks left to take care of. The end is in sight... Tomorrow I am going to go to the lab and see if I can finish the blocks and get most of the staining done. All next week will be spent on the SEM...I can't wait. The doc actually got out of the lab and had lunch with his grad students. It was nice to see the less-stressed side of him. Hopefully, we will see more of that this semester.

On another ASU note, I was asked to teach a couple (9) of labs. I am excited about it. It will be a little bit of work but, it will look good on the CV.


Until after the vet appointment...

No comments: