Sunday, August 17, 2008

He looks good

The hedgehog went back to the vet yesterday for a checkup. We were told he is looking very good and just keep an eye on his eating and drinking habits. He also has to take his antibiotics for another week rather than 3 more days. I have 7 more fun-filled days of doping an inside-out pin cushion... On a more happy note, the vet didn't charge us for the visit! This vet place comes highly recommended!!!

We went up to the lab today and did a little staining. Unfortunately, I lost a little tissue from a couple slides, not too bad though. Tomorrow I WILL section the rest of my turtle oviducts and Tuesday I will stain them. I am almost done!!! I am getting ready to measure the sperm I took pictures of a couple of weeks ago...

I am pretty sure I get to teach this semester, which is good because we have income. I get to teach 9 hours. That's a lot. Nine lab classes, wow! I really want to get my lab work done before classes start so, I plan on busting my ass for the next week. Maybe I can have it all done and start the writing process again.

Good luck to all the teachers who start school tomorrow!!! You know who you are and I know you will do great!!!

OMG, I almost forgot...Our corn snake eggs are starting to hatch. Two of them have their little heads sticking out of their eggs. They started to hatch yesterday, they are taking their time adjusting to their new world. They are both albino...orange and cute as a button.

Fun fact for the day: Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

No comments: