Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's still fun, after 20 years...

We went to a friend's house this afternoon. By the way, it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Lest we not forgot about the damn heat index...100 looks nice compared to what it felt like outside, 110 degrees Fahrenheit!!! There are people in the north who have no idea what a heat index is. For those of you less fortunate, it is a scale that factors in the temperature and the humidity to give you how it feels outside. Ah, I love the south...We are currently experiencing the 2-3 most unbearable weeks of the summer, it's sooo hot!!!

Anyway, we went to a friend's house to do a little Slip N Sliding. It was so much fun. Let me paint you a picture...they live on a slight hill in town. They bought tarps from Lowe's. They used 2 lawn sprinklers and a hose to wet it down. It was 130 feet of wet plastic, downhill, with a ramp! It was a blast. So, I'm 26 and I still LOVE to Slip N Slide!

I remember my first and only Slip N Slide...about 30 feet of yellow plastic that you stake down with metal stakes and you hook it up to a hose. The best way to help increase your speed was to put soap on it. Once you did that you had only about 10 more minutes of fun until you got soap in your eyes. Wiping it out with your hand was no good because your hands had soap on them too. The only thing that soap was really good for was getting you out of taking a bath that night. You just use the argument..."I already had one, on the Slip N Slide, with soap and everything!"

Josh decided to give people a boost as they went down (without soap). He would follow behind them and push their feet. I got a good extra 6 inches of air on the ramp when he boosted me! I am going to be so sore in the morning. I'm already noticing tender spots on my knees and feet. I know one of my thighs will be sore, it has crazy grass burns on it.

No comments: