Friday, September 12, 2008

It's been awhile my friend...

Yea, yea, yea, I neglected this new found obsession. At what point does an obsession become old if you neglect it? It has been far longer than two weeks that I have written here. I really wanted to keep up on this, too. At any rate, here is what I have been up to.

Classes started three weeks ago. I have been super busy. I only have class Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but, Thursday is the only day of the three that I am not at school from 7:30am to at least 8:30pm. That's right folks, 13 whole hours at ASU. I am teaching nine labs...that is more than twice the amount I have ever taught before. I'm handling it well. I am having a little difficulty getting all the papers graded. While I have yet to be late in returning homework or quizzes it seems that I am up later than I want to be grading them so I can get them back by the proper class time. Ah, I'm living the life, so they say...

I had planned on having a committee meeting today to get my thesis proposal approved but, it didn't happen. One of my committee members was sick this week so, I have to put it off for another week. I guess it's to my advantage though because it gives me an extra week to prepare for it. I really wish the whole thing was over with.

I have kinda slacked this week in the lab. I will be regretting that next week, too. I have got to get my second round of tissues sectioned and stained next week. I had planned on going in Monday to get a lot of it done but, Josh really wants to go 'hurricane' birding Sunday and Monday in SW Arkansas so, I may be birding. It's okay though. With our crazy schedules we don't get much 'us time' anymore so, birding would be good for us.

We are going to the Memphis zoo tomorrow with some friends for their son's second birthday. We are going as long as it isn't raining, even though gas is almost $5.00 a gallon. Thank 'ceiling cat' we are car pooling though. Gas won't cost us an arm and a leg just one or the other. When we get back from the zoo we are going to their house for cake and ice cream. I assume there will be ice cream. I was only told about cake but, there better be ice cream or I shall stage a coup and then go get my own!

The hedgehog is doing great. Eating and drinking and running in his wheel every night. It was a pain to give an inside out pin cushion a dose of antibiotic twice a day but, it was worth it to see the little guy feeling better. He looked pitiful.

Mom and I decided to make each other quilts. One of the lines of fabrics we buy from came out with a 'mother/daughter' line of fabric. They are the same patterns but they are in different colors. The mother line is a little more subdued that the daughter line. I am really looking forward to making this for her but, I also need to get dad's done. I have been working on it for some time. I had intended to make it for him for Father's Day but, I think it may be for Christmas now... Mom's quilt will be for her birthday. I have a great idea for it but, I can't say what it is as she reads my blog. No peeking, mom!!!

Let's see, what else do I have to do in my free time... I am in a 'brown bag club' that requires me to make one quilt block a month. I still need to do that. I need to give my mom an order for a stamp club I am in. I need to make nine ATC's for a swap...that needs to be done and sent to the coordinator by the end of this month. I also need to mail mom a can opener that she ordered from a friend about a month ago. I finally have it in my possession. Well, kinda, it's on my desk in the office. I need to grade and record about 600 papers (homework and quizzes). I also have a couple of bills that need to be paid. That's not that big of a deal, I just need to do it. I also need to finish the laundry. Holy hell, I have a huge to do list. Maybe I will get it all done in time for classes to start again on Tuesday...

On a happier note, I have lost about 15 pounds since I started walking 5 day a week. I have been a little slack on that this week and my energy level is showing. I usually don't walk on Tuesday and Wednesday because it's hot out and I am at school all day. Once it cools down though, I will start walking at school on those days. Losing those pounds, I can now fit into jeans that were a little too tight to wear outside the bathroom in my apartment...LOL. I am so excited!!! I just have to keep at it. I walked today but, I should have walked at least 5 more laps then I did because I had Sonic today and I should have gotten a salad. against my better judgment, I ordered a cheeseburger...bad, bad, bad! I WILL do better tomorrow, even with the cake for the birthday party...If not tomorrow, Sunday then!

Since it's been awhile I will leave you with a great quote and a fun fact...

Fun Fact for the Day: The original name for a butterfly was flutterby.

Good quote: It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment ---Ansel Adams

No comments: