Monday, September 22, 2008

Week of a thousand to-dos

Today was the first day of what will be a very CRAZY week. I have to give 7 A and P tests this week. By give I mean fabricate, set up and administer 7 A and P tests. Five A and P I and 2 A and P II. Crazy!!! Oh, and after the students are done taking the tests I have to take it down and then set up another one and then I have to grade all the tests that are taken this week.

In addition to all that, I have to defend my thesis proposal tomorrow at 2:30pm. I have to tell my committee why my project is a good idea and then they will tell me why it's a bod one. I should win in the end, at least I hope I will, because I have already started the project...

I am looking forward to this week a little because I know at the end of the week I am going to Oklahoma. That's right folks, the home land! To top it off, I am going to the Tulsa State Fair. Corn dogs, funnel cakes and the smell of cow poop. I love it and I look forward to it every year! We are going during the Sugar Art Show. Basically, a whole lot of talented people get together and make hella awesome cakes that are way too pretty to eat. They look more like castles and paintings than cakes. These are things Rachael Ray dreams about...I can't wait. This is the last year I will have to travel 7 hours to go to my favorite fair.

Only 3 more months till we move back to Oklahoma. With that move comes lots of excitement and apprehension. I can't wait to be so close to the family but, I really hate loading all my stuff up in my boxes and driving them somewhere only to unload them in a new place. The house we are buying has lots of rooms, that means lots of places to put things...

Enough about that...

Fun Fact for the Day... One-fourth of the world's population lives on less than $200 a year.

Think about that next time you get your paycheck.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

the smell of cow poop. I love it and I look forward to it every year!


Nice...